Sponsored Links

Senin, 14 Mei 2018

Sponsored Links

All Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning - Milton, WI Reviews
src: www.oxifresh.com


Video Talk:Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning



First Draft Thoughts

Thank you, Jordan, for inviting me to comment on this article, and full marks for taking note of the COI guidelines.

And thanks for the feedback!

As you have noted, the sources are all listed twice. The correct way is to include them inside <ref>...</ref> tags and then get them placed with the {{reflist}} tag.

Cool, will do.

To survive as an article, the sources need to establish that the franchise is notable. To quote from that page, "A company, ... is notable if it has been the subject of significant coverage in secondary sources. Such sources must be reliable, and independent of the subject."

Working through your sources:

  • 2 could be good; someone has written half a page about your company. The reference could usefully mention that the text is on page 31 of the PDF.
  • 7 could be good; someone has thought it worthwhile to interview your CEO

The others cannot establish notability:

  • 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13 are directory listings. I would guess they aim to list every company regardless of size or significance.
I included the directory listings in order to get some basic facts about the company from a secondary source and to show that it's part of various organizations. Is there a better way to do that?
  • 4 seems to be the same as 2
I was trying to reference an article from the feature and then the list itself, but I'll try and find a way to do that on the How to Pages for referencing different parts of the same feature.
  • 5 and 9 include Oxi Fresh in quite long lists of "growing franchises"; not so good for establishing notability
As far as 5 goes, I would say that the fast growth is what help makes Oxi Fresh notable. Note that growing doesn't mean small. Subway and McDonalds are both included on the same list of fast growing franchises. That's why I thought it would be okay to mention it, because of it's notable growth.
  • 6 does not count as independent, since it derives from a press release issued by your company
  • 8 is your own web site, so is not an independent source.
I think I have a draft ready where I can drop 6,7,8. Those are more there to show what it says about itself, kind of a quote form the company, but I don't think I have to have them.

But I'm not convinced this is enough. To quote WP:ORG again: "The source's audience must also be considered. Evidence of attention by international or national, or at least regional, media is a strong indication of notability. On the other hand, attention solely from local media, or media of limited interest and circulation, is not an indication of notability." And so far I can only see sources in media devoted to franchise operations. Am I correct?

While I would agree that's it fair to consider The Franchise Times of limited interest, I wouldn't say the same for Entrepreneur Magazaine. It's actually got about 600,000 subscribers and it's not just focused on franchises The Franchise 500 is just one of the their issues, and they all focus on a wide range of matters. I know of a few Wikipedia articles that cite them like Subway. It's the sixth reference.

Do you have other independent sources for the company winning "awards"? If so, include them in the article or post them here and I'll bring it to the attention of someone with more experience than me in assessing sources.

I didn't list these before, because I didn't want to sound too "advertising" like, but I guess the Talk page is a safe place to list them. As far as sources that list the awards we have, Entrepreneur Magazine has a list of them at their Oxi Fresh entry and there is a listing for another award from the Franchise Business Review (A more specific franchise award, but I thought I'd just leave a link to it. We're 7th on the Mid-Sized Systems list. There is already a link to the Fast55 in the article itself.

Good luck! -- John of Reading (talk) 21:45, 24 May 2010 (UTC)

Thanks! I'll keep working on it and seeing what happens :) (Jordan.labelle (talk) 17:02, 27 May 2010 (UTC))

Maps Talk:Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning



Review

Hello. I thought I would provide a second opinion on your new article. John of Reading raised a few excellent points about the citations and references in the article, so I thought I would comment on the layout and design of the article. I think the content needs to be organised a bit more - although there's not a lot to write maybe separating the first paragraph into more of an opening section overviewing the article's contents. I would also suggest that you should maybe try moving certain points into new sections instead of all together in a couple of paragraphs. So, just a couple of points but I hope this helps :) Chevymontecarlo 11:45, 25 May 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the advice. I'm working on a draft that follows your plan. (Jordan.labelle (talk) 17:03, 27 May 2010 (UTC))

Carpet Stain Removal | Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Fresno CA - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


Second Draft?

I've been working on a second draft of the article that is more organized per Chevymontecarlo and focuses more on the notable features of the company per John of Reading. I'm afraid that in doing so, though, it might sound like advertisement. I have the draft pretty much ready, but should I change the old one despite these concerns? (Jordan.labelle (talk) 17:44, 27 May 2010 (UTC))

(General point - it's not a good idea to add replies in the middle of an earlier post, because it quickly gets difficult to see who said what!)
The correct syntax for one of your links, above, is [http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/oxifreshfranchisingco/329409-0.html their Oxi Fresh entry] with no slash after the ".html"
By all means show us your ideas by editing the draft. All the versions of the text get saved in the page history, so nothing will be lost. I think the most prestigious "award" - your choice - should go in the first sentence of the article to establish an immediate claim to notability - something like "...is a carpet [etc] cleaning company that was ranked the 7th fastest-growing franchise operations by Xyz Magazine[1]"
-- John of Reading (talk) 19:45, 27 May 2010 (UTC)

Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning - Stafford, VA
src: www.oxifresh.com


Second Draft

I made a second draft of the article. I feel that this one will need more extensive COI removal, and I understand. I wrote it this more "Bold" way because I was trying to make it more clear why it was notable. I did my best to keep the tone neutral while still speaking about why it's a notable company, but once again, I understand if it needs significant revision. If you feel this is inappropriate, please remove the offending sections or revert it to an earlier phase. Also, if it needs more content, do you think a section briefly describing the method of cleaning would be okay? The articles a bit short still, and I thought that might be a good place.

Thanks for any help you can offer. And happy Memorial Day weekend everyone. (Jordan.labelle (talk) 22:57, 28 May 2010 (UTC))


Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning - 45 Photos & 28 Reviews - Carpet ...
src: s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com


Review of second draft

  • I don't think you have to worry about COI. You've been open about it and have requested reviews by uninvolved editors. The text is neutral in tone, and the claims are backed up by references.
  • I don't think you should add anything about the cleaning methods; there is an entire article about Carpet cleaning (which I think you shouldn't edit - COI again!)
  • I think the next step is to move the article out of "user space" to "article space". There it will attract more attention and the claim to notability will be examined more thoroughly. The result may be that it gets tagged for deletion, sadly, but the claim will be given a fair hearing.

To move the article, click the downward-pointing arrow that sits between the "star" and the "search" box at the top right of the page. Or would you prefer I do this for you? -- John of Reading (talk) 08:04, 29 May 2010 (UTC)


oxi fresh carpet cleaning franchise | www.allaboutyouth.net
src: www.oxifresh.com


Gulp

Here it goes. I just moved it. Hopefully everything goes well. Thanks for your help John of Reading and Chevymontecarlo. Now we'll see what happens. (Jordan.labelle (talk) 21:39, 1 June 2010 (UTC))


Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Process | Homedesignview.co
src: s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com


Title

How do you change the title of the article? I meant to have it be the complete name of Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning, but when I moved it over I forgot to do that. :S --Preceding unsigned comment added by Jordan.labelle (talk o contribs) 18:19, 4 June 2010 (UTC)


Here's What Oxi Fresh Can Do For You! - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


Orphan

Anyone have ideas about articles that could link to here? I've got nothing. Jordan.labelle (talk) 19:41, 22 September 2010 (UTC)

Nor me! But it is listed on the category pages that you added, so that's a start. That's not enough to remove the "orphan" tag though. -- John of Reading (talk) 19:58, 22 September 2010 (UTC)

Oxi Fresh Carpet Cleaning Process | Homedesignview.co
src: i1.wp.com


Two things

I added to the list of associations a refrence to the SBA (Small Business Administration) and the inclusion of one of the products in the EPA's Design for the Environment program. I thought these were important enough to be included. Let me know what you think.Jordan.labelle (talk) 19:06, 11 October 2010 (UTC)


Car Wraps, Truck Wraps, Trailer Wraps, Van Wraps, UTV Wrap
src: www.monsterimg.com


Basic Update

I updated the links and awards for 2011 and added another site to the company's box. Let me know what you think and if anyone needs help with their articles. Jordan.labelle (talk) --Preceding undated comment added 15:57, 25 February 2011 (UTC).




Basic Update 2.0

I corrected the links at the bottom of the page - some of them had thing like page number, website name, and retrieval date included in the actual link. I also added a reference to Oxi Fresh ranking in the Inc. 500|5000. I did not include the number, as I thought that might seem like too much. Please let me know if you think this is acceptable and if anyone needs help with their articles. Jordan.labelle (talk) 14:51, 15 September 2011 (UTC)




Basic Update 3.0

I updated the links at the bottom of the page as four of them were out of date. I updated the total number of franchises, clarified an award date, and removed a reference to AllBusiness.com, as the link is now dead - it seems they took down the list we were referencing. Please let me know if you think this edits are acceptable. Jordan.labelle (talk) 18:52, 9 July 2012 (UTC)

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments